By Heather Carew
Yep, you heard me! While you are out pushing that beautiful white stuff, I want you to take a second and think spring. Well, to be more exact, think June and 16th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium. It’s hard to believe, but in just over four months The Best Show in Snow & Ice Management will be making its way to Minneapolis, MN for four great days of education, trade show, networking, and fun!
We hope our 2013 show will be our best yet with new events and some returning favorites:
- Safety anyone? Start the conference off right by attending the Safety & Hands-On Equipment Demo Day, sponsored by Ziegler CAT. In this pre-conference workshop, attendees will spend the afternoon learning from a CAT Safety Instructor and demoing snow & ice equipment.
- Why have one keynote when you can have two? Dave Horsager will open on Thursday morning with his thought-provoking session “The Trust Edge.” Attendees will learn how they can gain faster results, deeper relationships, and a stronger bottom line. Moving to Friday, marketing expert Judy Guido will help kick off the day with her keynote address “Building a Sales Strategy That Will Create a Sustainable Competitive Advantage.”
- Coming soon: The Trade Show. This is the show you don’t want to miss with 2 days of snow-specific equipment, products, and more from over 100 exhibitors. Stop by the SIMA booth each day for mini-educational sessions and don’t forget the free beer on Thursday and free lunch on Friday.
- Did I mention we have educational sessions? With 20 concurrent sessions, attendees will get the opportunity to hear from knowledgeable industry professionals in four main tracks: Sales & Marketing, CEO to CEO, Operations & Equipment, and Management & Leadership. Pay special attention to our Sales & Marketing Workshop “Stop Wasting Time and Improve Your Close Ratio” featuring Kirk Armstrong & Neal Glatt, CSP on Saturday morning.
- It wouldn’t be a Symposium without snacks. Back by popular demand are the Snack & Chat roundtables. Select your seat and discuss some of the most important and relevant industry topics with other snow & ice management pros from around North America.
- I’m on a boat! The 2013 closing event, sponsored by CAT, will take attendees to historic and scenic Excelsior, MN. After some time to sight-see (or eat ice cream), guests will hop on the Queen of Excelsior to cruise down beautiful Lake Minnetonka and enjoy time with friends.
The SIMA staff is working hard to make this show one for the record books. Register today and don’t miss out! Visit www.sima.org/show for more or contact me at Heather@sima.org. See you in June!