The snow & ice awards program continues to promote leadership in our industry.
By Heather Carew
With the 2012-2013 winter season coming to a close, it’s time to sit back and evaluate the work that was done. Were you successful in managing all your properties? Did you pick up new sites throughout the season? Have you received compliments from your customers? Did one particular employee stand out in terms of service and commitment?
Thinking through all of these things, I would encourage you to also think about one more: recognizing your company or top employee by submitting an application for the annual Snow & Ice Industry Awards. This year, apply for the Excellence in Business Award and Safety Awards to recognize your company and their accomplishments or the Employee of the Year Award to show your top employee how much his or her work means.
Why should you apply?
Everyone has their own reason to apply for an award, but taking this first step can give you some great things:
- Recognition at the Annual Snow & Ice Industry Awards and Recognition Night held during the 16th Annual Snow & ice Symposium in Minneapolis, MN (Applicants for Excellence in Business and Employee of the Year will receive one (1) complimentary Awards Night ticket)
- Award winners will receive a special Awards Night trophy or Plaque to display in their office
- Award winners will be recognized in Print via a special section in Snow Business Magazine
- Award winners will be recognized Online via social media, webpages, and email communications
- Award winners will receive a specialized Press Release to share with clients and media contacts regarding the win