'This growing body of resources currently includes 15 documents available exclusively to SIMA members as part of our commitment to deliver outstanding value.'
Even during the season, it doesn’t hurt to review best practices to keep your minds fresh for the next event. SIMA’s Operational Equipment & Safety Best Practices course can help members keep training and safety front and center.
This growing body of resources currently includes 15 documents available exclusively to SIMA members as part of our commitment to deliver outstanding value.
These checklists and quick reference cards can be downloaded, printed and used as part of a comprehensive training program.
Looking toward 2018, our goal is to continue to add resources to this course, allowing our member companies access to free training and topics that will help ensure safer, more efficient operations.
Current resources available for download:
- Pre-trip plow and spreader safety inspections
- Snow site engineering planning
- Snow vehicle hazards
- Pre-storm equipment review
- Preseason risk assessment
- Snow kit contents
- Quick Cards
- Fuel storage for cold weather
- Safe operations of heavy equipment in cold weather
- PPE for snow and ice management
- Snow shoveling safety
- Snow blower hazards
- Equipment maintenance
- Salt brine equipment basics
- Incident report template (English and Spanish)
- Safety best practices
- Snow plow pump troubleshooting