For all the details on this year’s Snow & Ice Symposium, June 20-23 2017 in Montréal, visit www.sima.org/show, and check out reasons to attend below!
7 Reasons to join SIMA in Montréal
1. Network, network, network: Attend the show and you’ll have the opportunity to learn and share ideas with attendees from markets across the United States and Canada. Have an issue you can’t resolve? The odds are high that you will connect with someone with the same experiences or someone who found a way to resolve that issue in their company.
2. Trade show hours extended: The show floor will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday and 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Thursday. You get 3.5 more hours to learn about and shop for the latest equipment and services in snow and ice. View the interactive trade show floor to see who is exhibiting in 2017 at www.sima.org/showfloor.
3. Top-notch keynotes and education: We are extremely excited for this year’s professional keynotes. During concurrent sessions, you will also learn from great minds and leaders from outside (and within) the snow and ice industry.
4. Practice your French...if you want: Montréal is a crossroads of European and North American culture. Most citizens speak French and English, so it isn’t hard to fit right in. Plus, its multicultural population shapes the local flavors and culture. Interested in learning more French during your visit? Download the Google Translate App for a handy tool.
5. Your U.S. dollar will go a lot further in Canada: U.S. visitors will get about a 30% discount on purchases due to current currency exchange rates.
6. Double the celebration: SIMA is celebrating its 20th anniversary while Montréal celebrates its 375th anniversary ALL. SUMMER. LONG. The city will be alive during your visit, so bring your friends and family!
7. You want to be inspired to kick snow in the teeth during the 2017-18 season!
Get your passport today!
Is your passport valid for summer of 2017? Montréal is a short 39 miles (63 km) from the U.S. border. By plane, the city is only two hours (or less) away from many major cities, such as Toronto, New York, Boston, Philadelphia and Washington, DC. U.S. citizens who cross into Canada must show either a valid passport or other accepted documentation to Customs or Border Control. Visit www.sima.org/show/travel for more travel and hotel details.
New hours this year
When you review the Symposium brochure in this issue, you’ll note that hours and dates have changed. This is due to the Quebec holiday, Saint Jean Baptiste Day. Education and kickoff events begin Tuesday. Trade show days are Wednesday and Thursday. All educational sessions and the closing event will be on Friday. Take note of the new start dates and times before you make your travel arrangements.
Visit www.sima.org/show for registration and details - we look forward to seeing you in June!