'We love this award because size doesn’t matter. Successful CEOs come from big and small companies.'
By Cheryl Higley
This year, SIMA and Snow Business will honor its sixth CEO of the Year, an award created in 2011 to celebrate those who exemplify the very best in leadership and dedication to the industry.
In the past, the winner would be featured in our August issue and honored during the Snow Strategies Forum event in September. As we evaluated the program late last year, however, we decided to adjust the timing of the award to ensure our CEO of the Year would be part of the Snow & Ice Industry Awards celebration at the annual Snow & Ice Symposium. Moving up the timing of the award will also allow the magazine to feature the winner on the cover of our June issue.
CEO of the Year candidates are nominated based on the following criteria:
- Must be the CEO, president, owner or equivalent position at a snow and ice management company where they are recognized as the top person in a company. The company must be directly engaged in snow and ice management.
- Must have had a significant impact on the snow and ice industry regarding:
- Sustained company financial success
- Community involvement
- Advancement of the industry, including involvement in SIMA
- Ethical business practices
The editorial advisory committee, 2015 CEO of the Year Bob Greene, SIMA Board President Bob Smart, and sponsor representative Mark Adamson from Douglas
Dynamics, will judge the finalists anonymously to ensure a level playing field. The winner will receive complimentary registration to the Snow & Ice Symposium.
CEO of the Year Nominations are open through March 14
Nominating a candidate for CEO of the Year is easy. Review the qualifications and visit www.sima.org/ceo to submit your nomination by March 14. Thank you to CEO of the Year award sponsors Western, SnowEx and Fisher.