'A big “thank you” to all sponsors, exhibitors, members, volunteers and the SIMA Board of Directors & Symposium Planning Committee for all their hard work and dedication to the association.'
By Martin Tirado
The 2015 Snow & Ice Symposium is over, and SIMA’s record books are being rewritten! Over 1,900 total attendees, over 130 exhibit booths spread out over 100,000 square feet of space, hundreds of volunteers, sponsors, the media and a “who’s who” of the snow and ice industry convened in Schaumburg, IL from June 24-27. The greatest 4 days of snow and ice set these records in 2015:
- Highest total attendance: 1,966
- Most exhibitors in the trade show: 140
- Largest trade show size: 100,000+ square feet
Of the many highlights of the Symposium, 2015 was no different in recognizing our award winners and leaders of the industry during the snow & ice industry awards. This year’s winners included 28 new Certified Snow Professionals (CSP), 63 Advanced Snow Managers (ASM), and 23 Safety Award recipients. Additionally, these individuals and companies achieved the following prestigious awards:
- Alan Steiman Scholarship: Adam Hunter, A & J Lawn and Landscape LLC
- Greatest Story Never Told: Connor Kolb, WNY Snow Removal
- Volunteer of the Year: Debora Babin Katz, TrucBrush Corporation
- Employee of the Year: Katie Raymond, Case Snow Management, Inc.
- Top Recruiter: Paul Vanderzon, ASM, Metal Pless Inc.
- Snow Industry Commitment: Douglas Dynamics
- SIMA Environmental Leader of the Year: BSR Services Inc.
- Philanthropic Leadership Award: David Dudash
- Excellence in Business: About Time Snow & Ippolito Snow Services
A big “thank you” to all sponsors, exhibitors, members, volunteers and the SIMA Board of Directors & Symposium Planning Committee for all their hard work and dedication to the association. Also, be sure to thank the SIMA professional staff for all they do on a daily basis to continue to serve and support the growth of the snow and ice industry.
Visit www.sima.org/show to view the attendee resource center and session materials from this year's presentations.
See you next year in Providence, Rhode Island, June 21-24, 2016 for the 19th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium!