'Managing snow safely and effectively on sidewalks helps to ensure public safety, handicap access, and reduces the chance of slip and fall legal claims for our industry.'
The Advanced Snow Management program continues to roll out, and SIMA has just released the third course in the program: Advanced Snow Management - Sidewalk Operations.
Sidewalks represent one of the most important aspects of professional snow management. Managing snow safely and effectively on sidewalks helps to ensure public safety, handicap access, and reduces the chance of slip and fall legal claims for our industry. SIMA approached the certificate with best practices in mind, and this training certificate course includes outcomes related to:
- Recognizing how moisture and temperature affect sidewalk clearing strategies.
- Understanding the interdependence between snow plowing, sidewalk clearing, and ice management.
- Identifying all pedestrian areas which need to be cleared of snow.
- Identifying equipment used in sidewalk clearing and know how to prepare equipment.
- Be able to apply efficient and safe sidewalk clearing techniques.
- Interpret a site engineering plan as it relates to sidewalk clearing.