'As we move into the winter season, safety information is timely and very important for all snow professionals to remember.'
By Ellen Kobach
Last week, SIMA, Plowsite.com, and sponsors The BOSS and Progressive Insurance produced a second Snow Safety Week at GoPlow.com. With a webinar on creating a safety training program, articles, videos and discussion topics, Snow Safety Week was successful in providing quality, helpful information on a variety of safety-related topics.
As we move into the winter season, safety information is timely and very important for all snow professionals to remember. View some of the highlights from Snow Safety Week below:
- Watch out for children while plowing snow - Learn tips from one snow contractor's personal experience on how to watch out for children while plowing.
- Snow subcontractor red flags - Brian Birch shares 5 red flags that can tell you if a snow removal subcontractor could be a safety risk.
- Protect your back while working with snow - Cheryl Higley shares tips for safe lifting and handling techniques and suggestions to protect your back while working in snow and ice.
- Video: Pre-trip snow safety inspection - Mike Frazier, Director of Operations for Winter Services, demonstrates how to perform a pre-trip safety inspection.
- Onsite damage: safety and reporting policies - Read tips for being aware of potential site hazards and having a plan in place for when onsite damage occurs.
- Safety tips for ATV & UTV snow removal crews - Read tips for safely operating ATVs and UTVs to keep your snow removal crews safe this winter.
- Safety tips for rooftop snow removal - Rooftop snow removal can be risky, but a detailed operational plan, well-trained workers and proper safety precautions can help decrease the risk.
Visit here to see all the articles from last week, and thank you to everyone who participated and helped create another successful Snow Safety Week!