'The 17th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Columbus, OH was the 2nd highest attended show ever, with over 1,700 registered attendees & exhibitors.'
By Elly Kobach
Thank you to all the exhibitors, attendees and volunteers for another great SIMA Symposium! The 17th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Columbus, OH was the 2nd highest attended show ever, with over 1,700 registered attendees & exhibitors. This show just narrowly missed the attendance record set at the 14th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Schaumburg, IL in 2011, making it a huge success.
After a long and tough winter, it was great to see so many snow & ice professionals from all over North America get together to talk snow and learn from one another. A few show highlights included:
- Sold out pre-conference brine workshop with the City of Columbus
- Packed rooms for the 2 keynote speakers and snack & chats
- A wide variety of sessions on a number of topics – view the Attendee Resource Center here for PDFs of the speaker presentations
- 2 days on the trade show floor with over 130 exhibitors of snow & ice products and services
View the photo album from the show here, including pictures from the pre-conference workshop, welcome reception, trade show floor, awards night, closing event, and more.
Now that the show is over, we are on to planning for next year! SIMA is accepting proposals for educational programs in 2015, including sessions at the Symposium. If you are interested in speaking, visit here to submit a proposal by August 31, 2014.
We look forward to planning many more great Symposiums – check out the dates and locations for the next 3:
- 18th Annual: June 24-27, 2015 in Schaumburg, IL
- 19th Annual: June 22-25, 2016 in Providence, RI
- 20th Annual: June 18-21, 2017 in Montreal, Quebec